How Can AXP's Elite Readers Help You?
- You need reviews. AXP's readers are the best - In addition, you get a dashboard for keeping track AND AXP's help poking at slow responders. You'll get 15+ reviewers with 8 reviews guaranteed or we'll find you more readers or refund you for those who didn't come through.
- You need AUDIO book reviews. AXP has a group specifically for audio reviews.
- You have a unique book you don't trust with just any reader & want to find matches.
- You're in a contest and need support.
- You want to poll a large group of readers about a book you've written or are writing.
In short, AXP is a "dating service" between readers and authors. These are real people, not employees. I can't force them to do anything. These are not paid reviewers.
YOUR 'TO DO' LIST
- Add your book to the AXP Library so I can activate it for reviewer. https://authorsxp.com/add-my-book/add
- When you receive a request, send your FREE book to the reviewer.You can gift them through Amazon, BookFunnel, email them files...whatever works for you and them. You can also upload them to the AXP site and send readers links to help with spam filters rejecting email attachments. (SEE USER MENU). https://authorsxp.com/login
- Ask them to confirm receipt - many readers have spam filters your emails might not have made it past. Ask them to let you know once they've reviewed. REMIND THEM TO ADD THE PHRASE "I received a free copy of this book" to their review. That's an Amazon law and FTC. Tell them NOT to use the phrase IN EXCHANGE FOR REVIEW.
- You can trigger a "did you get my book?" mailing from your ELITE REVIEWER DASHBOARD if you think your emails aren't getting through. https://authorsxp.com/sadmin/eliteauthor_dashboard.php
There is no guarantee reviews received will be good. These are honest reviews by real people. But since you can talk to the reviewers directly, you can politely request that if they don't like your book, please don't review.
Readers should understand they must note on their review that they received a free copy. (Per FTC/Amazon rules) I've told them but be sure to remind them.
While you can ask if a reader is in the Amazon KU program and if they'd be willing to read the book through that, authors may NOT require or ask reviewers to BUY their book. Sales are not the point of this program. Readers DO report such actions to me and authors will be removed from the program for this.
Any book is eligible, though AXP reserves the right to refuse a book.
If you don't receive at least 8 reviews through the Elite Readers, we'll run your book again and get you more reviewers. If for some reason you still aren't having any luck you'll be refunded for the missing reviews. This rarely happens but some books are tougher than others!
TIPS FOR INTERACTING WITH READERS
For each request you are sent - send them back something touching base like "I'm going to gift you a Kindle copy from Amazon, does that work?" (or however you'd like to provide them with the book) just to be sure they're on the planet before you send them something.
DO NOT ASK THEM TO BUY THE BOOK. Sales are NOT the point of the review program and this will anger the readers who signed up for a free book.
Make an email template for sending to readers and save yourself some time!
If the same person requests copies of multiple books, feel free to send them one at a time.
If people haven't posted after two weeks, feel free to poke at them.
Most people handle Out of the US requests by emailing them mobi, epub or PDF files or sending them to links where they can download them (some people use services like Book Funnel). If someone demands a paperback or something odd, you can always tell them no.
I'M NOT GETTING REVIEWS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
1. It could be some (even many) of the readers didn't get your book. Very often, spam filters grab things, so if your emails to them went to spam that would explain why they haven't gotten back. If you log into the site and then go to USER MENU you'll see a link for Elite Reader Dashboard where you can see your chart of requestors. You can hit a button there to remind people you haven't heard from them. This email is then sent from my system instead of your email, so there's a chance it will get through. If that doesn't raise the dead, let me know and I'll send them a note from my personal email asking them what's up, did they get the book, are they almost done, etc.
2. These are real people and not employees and each person has his/her way of doing things. (I wish I could have paid review employees but we'd be breaking Amazon rules). So between people's schedules and spam filters, there are a lot of reasons your results could be delayed. Do stay in touch with readers but don't hound them.
3. The elite readers you see on your dashboard with "NO" for released means that person has too many books outstanding. You can send your book to them if you want, but I give ELITE readers FIVE book requests before I cut them off. To continue, they have to review the ones they have. So this person might have just fallen behind or they might be a bad bet for getting a review.... If you want, you can send them an email and let them know something like:
"I see you requested my book for review through the AuthorsXP Elite Reader's group, but the release status is set to "NO" because you have too many books outstanding for reviews. You can have more books released to you (including mine) by reviewing your outstanding books and marking them reviewed in your Elite Reader Dashboard located here: http://AXPBooks.com --- if the books you have outstanding are not books you want to read to review, you can mark them "not reviewing" and that will free your queue as well!"
WHAT ABOUT AMAZON?
Amazons Review Guidelines (10/3/16) state
Book authors and publishers may continue to provide free or discounted copies of their books to readers, as long as the author or publisher does not require a review in exchange or attempt to influence the review. https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=14279631 That means you can still give away free copies in the HOPES of getting reviews, but you can't give away free copies "in exchange for review."