AXP Book Fairs combine the Genre-Specific and Authors-Working-Together-to-Promote side of Mailing List Builder with the BUY MY BOOK! aspect of Daily Deals!
They're like those "99c book sale promos" lots of people do, but they'll piggyback and enhance Mailing List Builder as well.
They also allow you to use the sales system for newsletter building, include links to multiple retailers and more.
When I was in grade school we used to have Book Fairs, where I handed my grubby dollars over in exchange for Ramona and Beezus paperbacks. I wanted to recreate that for AXP readers (less the grubby bills), so I'm starting AXP Book Fairs!
- AXP Book Fairs are week-long genre-specific events featuring FREE and 99c books/boxed sets.
- They run Tuesday - Monday and run in conjunction with the Mailing List Builder events - this way the traffic coming in for each can also visit the other.
- If you'd like to join but you can't keep your book free/99c for the full length of the event, just let me know and your book will be removed. That way people using limited Kindle Countdowns can participate.
- You can offer perma-free books.
- Your links can go to retailers, instafreebie, wherever. That means you can send people to a link for your newsletter sign up to get a free book too!
What You Get:
- Your FREE/99c book is exposed to thousands of readers.
- Post a LINK to your newsletter sign up with your listing at the fair for the potential of also building your newsletter through direct opt-in.
- You can feature as many books as you like.
- Your FREE/99c book posted on AXP's Twitter and Facebook pages and promoted on the site.
HOW IT WORKS:
- You submit your book(s) for the upcoming book fair.
- Everyone with books in the fair and AXP promotes the event independent of other events...
- BUT! If you're in that week's Mailing List Builder, people who enter the "Fantasy" MLB event (for example) will see a link to shop "Fantasy" books at the AXP Book Fair after they enter. So you can start marketing to forthcoming email list right away - you might have a fan before you even add them to your mailing list, which helps increase awareness and retention!
- Everyone who goes to the Fair first, will also see they can enter the Mailing List Builder giveaway for that genre as well, increasing MLB sign ups!
- Promote the Book Fair in your Newsletter/Social Media so you can help sell each other's books. (AXP provides graphic/link). If you're doing a Mailing List Builder in conjunction, you can use a provided combined graphic promoting both!
- Offer ONE copy of any 99c book you offer for FREE to the gift basket winner. If you are only offering free books, you only have to give them that book.
- To shop/download all the books!
- One winner wins a gift basket of all books.
Example of the Book Fair Sale Page
Rows and rows like this which can be sorted by author, price or available retailer - but otherwise appear randomly each time so your book may be first at any point.